Books by Martha
"Can you really find a career to satisfy your soul while it meets your career dreams? Yes! Click on the cover of this inspiring ebook to learn more!"
"This book touches not only the heart, but also the mind and soul of the HR profession. It's full of ideas with impact, tools and tips...and wonderful stories."
Professor, University of Michigan Business School
co-author, The Why of Work
"A fun and easy-to-read blueprint on understanding and creating engagement within a team. No high falootin' business jargon here -- Martha Finney tells it like it is."
Director Global Workforce Learning & Development
Save the Children
- How Joe Paterno Can Continue to Inspire
- They Lay Off HR Too, Don’t They?
- Have You Lost Respect For Your Boss?
- How to Build Passion Literacy at Work
- The Hope of HR: “People are fundamentally good.”
- Miles of Wisdom: The First Thing to Know About Inspiring Great Customer Service
- The Hope of HR: Prepare to Be Amazed…Every Day
- Five Ways to Beat “No Job/No Job” Discrimination
- The Networking Tool that Beats Facebook Hands Down
- Career Fear: Put Anxiety in Its Place
Tags17 Rules 60 Minutes American Express Arte Nathan attitude Avery Dennison bad bosses bully bosses candidates Career management children chronic complainers community Cornell University Corporate Communications customer service David Russo depression Diane Dixon Disney Consumer Products Duncan Mathison EAPs employee engagement healthcare health care HR HR career advice HR career management human resources job hunting; discrimination job interviews job search lay-offs leadership Martha Finney meaning networking unions Unlock the Hidden Job Market voice of the employees
Let’s face it. There’s nothing good that is coming out of the Penn State scandal right now. And I was so saddened to read of the rioting that took place overnight in protest of the sacking of Joe Paterno. Let others talk about his blame and shame. I can’t help feeling very sorry for the 84-year-old man who dedicated his life to the school, more than $5 million of his own personal funds and who attracted an additional $1 billion from Penn State alum and fans who deeply love(d) him. And now the coda of his career is a riot upon his termination and disgrace.
Martha Finney, best-selling author, speaker, employee engagement consultant.
Ask me about
- My inspiring, effective team-building workshop that unites your group in a lasting, authentic way
- Developing a cadre of highly engaging leaders based on the principles of my book, The Truth About Getting the Best From People
- Celebrating your HR department with my custom keynote speech
- How my employee engagement consulting helps you discover the success secrets of your high performers and infuse them throughout your culture
In the current business environment that celebrates the inscrutable “game face,” the only way you can be a Tiane Mitchell Gordon is to just give in to the force of nature and go for it. Lavishly affectionate and over-the-top exuberant, her calling within AOL, LLC is to embrace its employees within the philosophy that they’re valued for who they are. … Continue Reading